Cleaning your clear retainer every day is extremely important.
Plastic can hold millions of bacteria.
Daily leaning steps:
- Remove the retainer and brush the inside and outside using a soft-bristled brush, do not use toothpaste – it can damage your retainers.
- Rinse with cold water.
- Dry it off and pop it back in your mouth or store it in its case.
Deep cleaning of Essix retainers can take a bit longer. If you don’t do it routinely, it can lead to a few problems.
Neglecting can lead to:
- A bad smell
- Discoloration of the plastic
Use retainer cleaning tablets to clean Essix retainers!
Steps for deep cleaning:
- Remove the retainer and gently brush.
- Place it into a glass of cool water with 1-2 retainer cleaning tablets (Retainer Brite).
- Rinse after the fizzing of the tablet stops (3-5 minutes).
- Brush with the leftover tablet water and rinse.