Step One : Prepare for IV sedation
• Take your routine medicines at the usual times unless advised otherwise.
• Have a light meal approx. 1-2 hours before you attend.
• Do not take alcohol or recreational drugs including cannabis, 48 hours before your treatment.
• Bring a responsible adult with you. This escort must be over the age of 18 and personally known to you. They must arrive and remain in the departmental waiting room. They must be able to escort you home and care for you for the rest of the day.
• Do not bring children or babies with you to your appointment.
• Sedation is not possible if you are pregnant, so be sure to tell us.
• Nursing mothers cannot breastfeed for 12 hours after sedation.
• Car parking is limited and so if you drive, allow plenty of time to park your car and arrive with your escort.
• It would be helpful to arrive with your escort promptly and report to the reception 10 minutes before your appointment.